Gaming BFA Advising Priorities
Gaming has three areas that students should be aware of when advising or registering for classes.
Game 3D pathway:
This list is the first priority for Gaming Arts students when registering for courses.
It is not recommended to take more than two 3D courses in the same term.
- ARTS1101 - 2D Foundations (Semester 1, ASAP)
- ARTS1105 - Digital Foundations (Semester 2)
- ARTS2211 - Drawing 1 or ARTS2221 - Life Drawing 1 (Semester 2)
- ARTS3611 - Digital Imaging (Semester 3)
- ARTG3601 - Digital 3D Foundations (Semester 3)
- ARTG3611 - Inorganic 3D (Semester 4)
- ARTG4611 - Inorganic 3D 2 (Semester 5, Fall only)
- ARTG3612 - Organic 3D (Semester 5, Fall only)
- ARTG4621 - Animation 1 (Semester 6, Spring only)
- ARTG4612 - Organic 3D 2 (Semester 6, Spring only)
Note: certain classes are only offered in specific semesters.
Game Math pathway:
The starting point is determined by ACT, SAT, or placement tests. Source: https://www.shawnee.edu/areas-study/college-arts-sciences/math-sciences/entry-points.
(MATH1250, or higher, must be completed before graduation.)
- MATH0101 - ACT: 15-17
- MATH0102 - ACT: 18-21
- MATH1200 - ACT: 22-23
- MATH1250 - ACT: 24+
Art History pathway:
This is the priority list but after ENGL1105, these can be in any order.
Certain 3000 level art history courses may be used to satisfy two categories, one GEP and one Art Core. Refer to the online catalog for more information.
- ENGL1101 or ENGL1102