Figma wish list
Hey Figma, here is my wish list for my favorite design tool. While I believe that all of these additions would make Figma a better product, my primary focus has been to improve the way I personally use the program. This list is not an “anything is possible” type of list. Simplicity, speed, and responsiveness is and always will be my most important feature.
I would love to talk about and expand on any of these. Get in touch. <3
This is a complicated issue and I am certain I am not considering everything. The primary ask here is for the owner to have super admin powers and for a new role, author, that would address some needs I encounter as a teacher.
Owner / Super Admin
- all possible priviledges and powers
- assign any role
- transfer ownership of team
- modify/edit any project/file regardless of settings
- toggle view hidden files and projects
- manage and assign any role below admin
- all editor powers
- (main difference with editor/admin is admin can assign role of editor)
- manage and assign any role below editor
- modify/edit any project
- create/modify/edit any file
- create files
- modify/edit files created or invited to or with open access for team
- cannot move/rename files not created
- cannot see hidden pages (new feature request)
- cannot unlock locked pages (new feature request)
- (would be great for EDU, students)
- for non-edu billing: not billed on this team if account has a pro account another place. Maybe limited to 1 file?
- view files/projects with open or granted access (unchanged)
- Folders/file management
- Lock pages (only editor and above can unlock; not author)
- Hide pages (author does not see listed)
- page folders/grouping or simple separator
- Right click, link to this view to link to the same zoom and center in a file.
- Choose color styles as gradient stops
- Reset instance size and overrides separate
- Option to scale numerically (numeric resize does not change text size, border, etc)
- Import/export HTML/CSS
- Auto layout imitate flex and grid css
- use frame preview as embedded graphic
- pin layer to top or bottom.
- Crop marks & bleed link
- Fillable forms
- Smaller file size
- choose embedded image resizing (ie resample to 2x, 3x, full, etc)
- Embed fonts/outline fonts options
- Threaded text boxes
- More control with bullet and numbers. Margin between, indent, custom bullet character, etc.
- Negative paragraph indent to create hanging punctuation, etc
- Text on a path
- baseline shift
- show invisible characters
- when breaking text into outlines, it should create a group of vector letters, not one single vector with the entire text outlined. link